Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine Decorations

I usually decorate my kitchen table for each holiday. My husband and I always eat our meals at the bar so that leaves the kitchen table for decorating - I don't have a mantle to decorate and my entryway table usually has everyday decor on it (of course at Halloween and Christmas time, the whole main living area gets decorated, but we won't get into that - I'm still recovering).
I didn't have a Valentine garland so I threw this together using some heart doilies I bought in a package of 12 from Wal-Mart. I tied them together with some twine and it was the perfect length for my window.
I painted this Valentine tree last year and made the paper heart ornaments from scrapbook paper and ribbon. I pulled out some glass heart ornaments from my Christmas decorations so I could add them to this tree. I love the mix of ornaments.
I made these LOVE blocks a few years ago with some co-workers. We cut down a 2x4 and stained the blocks. Then we chose some cute scrapbook paper and crinkled it up and then mod podged it onto the blocks. We stained the wood letters that we picked up in the craft store and glued those onto the blocks. It was a fairly simple craft, but so much fun with friends.
That's my Valentine decor for this year.
Unless I decide to get crafty and then I will share it with you.
I just bought these at Krumpet's to add to my decor so I had to add them to this post. They were half off and I had a gift card from Christmas so I couldn't pass them up.
I might be making a Valentine wreath so we'll see if I get it done.

1 comment:

  1. aww cuteee.i saw simliar stuff on sites like http://www.homeseasons.com but theres something about DIY projects that give it a nicer feel. any walk through tips?

    ReplyDelete